Social Media Intern
The Social Media Intern is responsible for assisting with the development and execution ReNeighbor’s social media strategy, working across key social media channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest and LinkedIn. This role offers the intern a total immersion into a busy digital recruitment business and the successful candidate will work closely with key members of staff and board members to learn about social media, digital communications and consumer marketing. This role will be instrumental in increasing our social media presence and gaining visibility for our brand among potential clients.
30hrs/week in Summer 15-20hrs/week Fall and Spring
Reports to CEO and founder
Social Media Community Management
· Assist with streamlining company social media accounts (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Flicker, and other social media platforms), ensuring uniform content and tone of voice for landing pages, graphics, and other elements within the communities.
· Increase the number of followers we have on various platforms. by approaching potential clients and candidates through other social media channels and email marketing campaigns.
· Posting updates to the various platforms (under supervision from CEO)
· Work with directors to implement other channel-specific campaigns (e.g. uploading photos to google photos, videos to YouTube, etc)
Coordinating and Distributing Content
· Scheduling and coordinating a monthly brainstorming meeting with internal social media team to establish content ideas for the month ahead, and to plan for a monthly social media, marketing and newsletter calendar.
· Maintain a monthly social media and blogging calendar, and ensure deadlines are being met.
· Help establish and coordinate an influencer program and help to amplify this content through other social media channels.
· Drive awareness of our newsletter and programs by posting content and articles into forums and groups
· Flagging and aggregating interesting content to re-tweet and post on the ReNeighbor channels. Use
· Work with Marketing and Communication Intern to create one piece of video content per month and post on You Tube. And various social media channels
· Set up and manage a company photo library using google photos.
Understanding and monitoring social media analytics
· Track key social media analytics on a weekly basis, including Google Analytics, Bitly statistics, Facebook analytics, etc.
· Track and report website statistics using Google Analytics. Look at how well specific content performs and look at the flow of traffic through to our Web site. Look at how well blog posts perform based on their ‘sharerating’ and the total number of viewers and time spent on page. Look at the best performing web site pages and contribute to generating new content that does the same or better.
· Work with the CEO to build monthly reporting tools on social media analytics and performance against our ‘baseline targets.’
Key Skills Required:
· Proven written communication skills, and a passion for writing both short- and long-copy.
· Excellent verbal communications skills.
· An interest in marketing, communications, social media or reputation management;
· High with key social media platforms (e.g. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc) and with Microsoft Office products (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and website content management tools.
· Experience with social media analytics, including Google Analytics and Facebook Insights
· Basic knowledge of Photoshop
· Above average photography skills is a plus
· An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work.
· An entrepreneurial attitude.
· Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn.
· A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and the community.
· A desire to affect community change.
· An ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
· An ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss.
· The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
Complete the form below to apply for this opportunity.