Community Outreach Intern
The ideal applicant will possess strong knowledge of existing local community organizations and how their work is impacting the community. Using that knowledge, the ideal candidate will work with the founding board members and CEO to develop differentiating actions to promote ReNeighbor’s mission, build awareness of the various program offerings, and execute those strategies at community events and to the broader community. You must be comfortable initiating conversation and engaging strangers to be successful in this role. Those looking to gain valuable experience with building a community organization and developing community outreach initiatives are encouraged to apply.
20hrs/week in Summer 10-15hrs/week Fall and Spring
Reports to CEO and founder
- Represent ReNeighbor in a variety of public settings to increase awareness.
- Work with the executive team to develop and outreach strategy.
- Attend various events and execute outreach strategy designed to promote the organization and its services to the community.
- Develop ideas for useful and impactful collateral and giveaways
- Coordinate and execute logistics for ReNeighbor presence at events.
Key Skills Required:
- Excellent verbal communications skills to eloquently communicate the organizations mission to event participants and various community members.
- Outgoing and energetic
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills
- Above average photography skills is a plus
- An ability to consistently demonstrate our values of insight, hard work, and effectiveness in your personal approach to work;
- An entrepreneurial attitude;
- Excellent attention to detail and a high motivation to learn;
- A proactive, service-focused attitude towards clients and the community.
- A strong desire to affect community change.
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and a robust/resilient attitude towards challenges;
- The ability to prioritize work and complete tasks with quick turnaround times and minimal fuss.
- The ability to work collaboratively with a team.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus
Complete the form below to apply for this opportunity.